“Where charity rejoices, there is festivity.” -St. John Chrysostom
The banquets at Gregory the Great Academy are beautiful and integral events in the cultural life and formation of our students. They occasion the festivity and fellowship that is the fruit of labor and community. That fruit is true enjoyment (fruor, I enjoy) as opposed to mere pleasure; that satisfaction and leisure that is sacred because it has been both gained and given.
Banquets observe All Saints Day (Nov. 1), the Robbie Burns Supper (Feb. 5), the feast day of St. Gregory the Great (March 12), and Graduation Day (generally last Saturday in May). These observations encompass and illustrate a vision of the heavenly and earthly celebrations, focusing on holy days, poetry, our patrons, and our community, and we are blessed to welcome guests—families, friends, alumni, and benefactors—to each of our banquets.
- If you would like to attend a banquet, please fill out the form below within 1 month of the event. Requests sent before this date will not be counted toward registration.
- While we do use a first-come-first-serve basis as a guide, we use our discretion in giving priority to families who have not attended any banquets in a given year, major benefactors, faculty guests, and alumni.
- Once your request has been submitted, Dan Schiller will then let you know if there is room or if you will be placed on a waiting list.
- Please give Dan Schiller 1 week’s notice of cancellation. We always have a large waiting list of people who would love to attend if space is available.
The following are a few simple guidelines for banquet attendance:
- Please do not bring your cell phone to the banquet. Out of respect for the boys’ retreat from such devices, and to provide an example of how to enjoy good company without the distractions of the age, please help us keep the refectory a no-cell-phone zone.
- Since our banquets are formal occasions, guests are asked to dress in semi-formal attire, observing Christian modesty.
- Dan Schiller will email you the week of the event with details for the banquet.
If you have any questions feel free to email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you and may God bless you.